About Catherine Asoka
Contact Info: email@example.com
Catherine Asoka's Bio
- Holistic Health Practitioner. Catherine studied Naturopathic Medicine at NHC Institute. She believes in eating real food and adjusting food (i.e., making changes) to achieve balance and harmony for the body at the present moment in time. Some of Catherine's secrets to longevity and health? Lots of yummy sleep, minimizing stress with various techniques (meditation, yoga, deep breathing, massage, awareness), minimizing toxins (eating organic, growing your own food, making your own cosmetics), making your own probiotics (e.g. sauerkraut, kefir) and collecting wild plants for food and medicine (e.g. stinging nettle is high in iron and can be made into a tea or steamed like spinach; red clover and roses help with menstrual cramps; dandelion root can be made into a coffee substitute, tincture or tea and is an excellent ally for all liver issues, which Most people have~ considering the liver does over 500+ jobs in the body and is a major organ of detox!).
- Massage Therapist. Catherine studied Body-Mind Acupressure and Chinese Medicine (TCM)at NHC Institute. Acupressure is just like acupuncture but uses the therapist's fingers, not needles! The same diagnostic tools are used in both, such as reading the pulse and assessing the tongue. Catherine also uses Japanese Abdominal Palpation for digestive issues, gua sha (scraping the back with a spoon) for stuck energy, and moxa for issues made worse with cold and damp (like lower back pain and menstrual issues). In conjunction with massage, dietary, lifestyle and herbal recommendations are common treatments. Corrective conditioning exercises (such as dynamic stretching and mobility exercises) are recommended for those with injuries. You read more about the tools HERE.
- Life Coach. Catherine has a BA in Psychology from Concordia University, a Masters in Psycho-education from McGill University and a Special Education degree from Vanier College. All schools are located in Montreal, QC, Canada. Catherine has worked in mental health and disability as a behavioral therapist/psycho-educator for almost 20 years and has much experience in those with anxiety, obsessive and repetitive thought patterns, and poor social and life skills.
- YMCA & Can-fit Pro Certified Personal Trainer. Re-certification in progress. Catherine has been invested in fitness and health since the year 2000. She works out most days of the week at home with various equipment: bosu, bands, weights, resistance ball, floor gliders and kettle bell to name a few. Skipping, jogging, biking, walking, rebounding and HIIT routines are her main go-tos for cardio. Catherine is also primarily a vegan (she will do honey, so technically a vegetarian) and has much experience in dietary changes, digestive issues, detox and fasting due to her autoimmune disease of Hashimoto's thyroiditis and hypothyroidism. In other words, her body's problem with its metabolism has taught her to bring awareness and compassion to the issue and to work with her body's natural intelligence.
- Writer, Poet, Meditator, Self-taught Graphic Artist. Catherine was given the gift of writing since her teen years. She now sells her inspirational poetry, motivational sayings and graphic art on various objects, from wall art to yoga mats, duvets, Iphone skins, clothing, and so much more! Check it out HERE.
- Website Owner here @ GoWildBeFree :)