Emotional Freedom Tapping (EFT) is what I call a mind technique, as opposed to a no-mind technique where one is trying to go beyond the mind.
When I used this technique, initially I found it a useful psychological tool. Having studied acupressure, I know what the points are that are used in EFT. However, with meditation, my perception and experience of EFT shifted. Instead of feeling that I was blasting out negative emotions, I instead found myself in a position of looking at my mind. Indeed, mind had divided itself into positive and negative, angel and devil. On the one hand, how I hated myself and this action I was doing, on the other I was telling myself how I loved myself unconditionally.
But who was this "me," this "I?" The Ego.
Seeing through the technique of EFT, it could no longer serve as a valuable tool. Indeed, a meditation technique (or any technique for that matter) is only useful if you can't see beyond it. Once you understand how the technique is working, you can no longer go on using it...at that point a new device will be needed.
Practitioners should become aware of the tools they are using. We can talk of filters, of the tools that are used in order to diagnose and help people. But we must also realize that methods are so vast and variable, and as such, each is fallible; use one tool, then shift the kaleidoscope and use another. Is the same result achieved? One uses Chinese medicine, another uses Ayurvedic medicine. The lingo is different. 5 element theory in one, the doshas in another. Similar perhaps in some ways, but the treatment will be different.
How can we compare these tools? Or do we not? Better to realize that they are tools, filters, and we must remain aware of something...more. Why does someone come to see us in the first place? For help. But more specifically, because of something in our energy. Indeed, it is not the tool that we use to help them, only healer can heal thyself. We serve as a conduit, whether as a doctor, reiki master or reflexologist.
What then is the percentage that such a person will be healed, all things being equal? 80%. 80% of people's problem are psycho-somatic. that is, they originate from the mind, they are due to thoughts and emotions that then manifest in the body. The other 20% are due to completely physical reasons e.g. a broken bone.
Since all tools differ but are equal, and most of people's problems are due to mind, then any treatment will have the effect of being 80% likely to succeed. The real cincher is that this person gets better, is "healed" because this person TRUSTS YOU. There is an energy exchange and this person decides to open up and let the treatment take its effect, whether it is a drug or simply a massage.
Asoka shares her experience & wisdom on psychology, meditation, life and the beyond..
Have a question on dating, sex, relationships, emotions, anxiety, money---you know, life? Or a question on meditation and spiritual life?
Like What You're Reading? Feel Free to Make a Donation: paypal.me