CF, DF, EF, FF, GF, MF, NaF, NutF, SF, Soy, YF, VF, VEGA
• 2 cups sprouted chickpeas
• 4 carrots, peeled & chopped
• 4-5 tomatoes, pureed in the food processor or blender
• 1 onion, peeled & chopped
• 1 red pepper, seeded & chopped
• 2-3 stick celery, chopped
• 1 cup frozen or fresh green peas
• 1-2 cups water, or as needed
• 2-3 cloves garlic
• 1/2 tsp each coriander, cumin, dry mustard, turmeric & ginger
• 1/2 tsp cayenne, for added heat (optional)
Place all in pot with enough water to cover and let come to boil. Reduce to low heat, and simmer, covered, 20 minutes, or until veggies are tender. Add more water and adjust seasonings as needed/desired. Serve hot over a bed of basmati or jasmine rice.
Cat says: Love this recipe! Sprouted chickpeas is much easier on the digestive tract than regular ol' canned chickpeas (gas anyone? no thanks!). Sprouting chickpeas takes about 1 day: soak chickpeas overnight. Drain, rinsing chickpeas well. Leave in colander. Rinse 2-3x more during the day. Tails should start appearing by that evening or the next morning. Done! Now throw in pot with rest of ingredients!
I've also made this recipe WITHOUT garlic, onions and cayenne and it came out great! Skip over canned tomatoes---why do canned when you can do fresh?!
So nice on windy fall days or cold winter nights...mmmmm, I can smell the food already!
CF= Corn Free DF= Dairy Free EF= Egg Free FF= Fat Free GF= Gluten Free GRF= Grain Free MF= Meat Free NUTF= Nut Free SALF= Salt Free SOYF= Soy Free SUF= Sugar Free YF= Yeast Free
Who Loves Free Recipes?
**Clicking on affiliate links will send ya off to buy somethin'. Or lookin' at purty pictures of food.
You're welcome to share these FREE recipes. Just give credit where credit is due, would ya? Foodie:
Cat Wilson. Right-o.